Whether you’re a kid or just a kid at heart, it’s easy to love the thrill of bouncing over the water while being towed along on an inflatable tube.
WATER TUBING IS ONE OF THE MOST FUN AND EXCITING THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH A BOAT.
HERE ARE A FEW TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN WATER TUBING.
- Be familiar with your equipment. Check the manufacturer’s guidelines so you know how many people can be on your tube, how much weight it can handle and its maximum towing speed.
- Check your tow line. Make sure your tow line is in good condition and that it is securely tied.
- Designate a spotter and know hand signals. The driver should be watching where the boat is going, so choose somebody who can watch the rider and communicate to the driver. Both rider and spotter should know the hand signals for speed up, slow down and stop.
- Consider your rider. If your rider is a child or someone who is a bit fragile, you’ll want to take it easier than you would for your friend who is built like an NFL linebacker. You don’t want anyone getting hurt.
- Be careful with wakes. While crossing a wake can make for a bouncy, fun ride, doing so at a high rate of speed can seriously injure a rider. Use caution.