Looking for the perfect present for a boater in your life?
There are plenty of great boating gift ideas available to you. Here are a few of them.
- Towables – Kids and adults alike love the thrill of speeding across the water while being towed behind a boat, which makes towables a fun gift for boaters. You can choose from standard or flat deck tubes, multi-rider tubes with fun designs and many other unique towables.
- Boat Shoes – Every boater needs a comfortable pair of boat shoes — non-marking shoes that provide good grip on a wet deck and are designed to repel water. There are many brands to choose from, including Sperry, Dockers and Sebago.
- Lifejackets – A good lifejacket is the most important item on any boat. Even if your boater already has lifejackets, it might be time to upgrade. Today’s lifejackets are comfortable, stylish, and some don’t even inflate until you’re in the water.
- Personal Locator Beacon (PLB) – In case of an emergency, every boater should have a reliable PLB. These small devices make it easy to be found by using a satellite to beam your location to rescue personnel.
- Tools – Anyone who owns a boat needs to have tools. A good multi-tool can help a boater deal with many unexpected onboard issues. A sharp knife and a durable pair of needle nose pliers are important tools for any boater. Look for tools that won’t easily corrode.
- Waterproof Electronics Case – If your boater carries his or her smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices on their boat — and who doesn’t — those electronics are going to get wet. A waterproof case keeps those electronics safe and working, and cases are available for nearly every type of device.