CROWNLINE’S E1 XS OFFERS AN OUTSTANDING RIDE AND EXCELLENT FIT AND FINISH.
|By Charles Plueddeman
October 19, 2016
Boating Magazine had some great things to say about our E1 XS. Here are a few of the high points of the article, but you can read the whole review here.
- The new Crownline E1 XS is another volley fired in the outboard runabout revolution.
- This 21-foot-4-inch broad-bow sport boat anchors the five-model Crownline Cross Sport EX line of outboard-powered models.
- Crownline created the E1 XS by modifying the transom of the Eclipse E1 so that it would accommodate outboard power. From the transom forward there’s actually little difference in layout.
- The E1 XS features the Crownline F.A.S.T. Tab running surface with drag-reducing vented chines and finlike tabs to keep those vents from producing handling quirks. The ride and tracking through lake chop were outstanding.
- We were really impressed with the fit and finish Crownline has lavished on this boat, and the choices of colors and materials, level of equipment, and tight-and-tidy construction belie this boat’s price.
- Crownline is offering the E1 XS packaged with a Mercury 150 FourStroke, a tandem-axle trailer and some nice extras for just $44,995.