Crownline boats are equipped with premium-level vinyl upholstery designed to handle even the toughest conditions. From UV protection to full renewal, cleaning and protecting your upholstery will have your boat looking its best for years to come.
- Use a soap and water solution (¼ cup of soap to 1 gallon of water).
- Apply the solution with a sponge in a circular motion.
- Rinse with clean water before drying with a towel.
- When the fabric is dry, apply a vinyl cleaner such as 303 Fabric and Vinyl Cleaner with a cloth or soft-bristled brush. This removes substances like sunscreen, lotions, drinks and smaller particles.
- Remove the excess cleaner with a cloth or towel.
- The most important part of keeping your upholstery like new is consistent sun protection. Spray 303 Aerospace Protectant on the entire vinyl surface.
- Wipe off the excess until dry.
- Repeat every three to five weeks for maximum protection.
Mold Stains and Full Renewal:
- For tricky stains, use Magic Eraser before turning to specialized cleaners. (Be careful to not scrub off the top layer of vinyl.)
- For mold, use IOSSO Mold and Mildew Stain Remover. Follow the application instructions and let it soak for 15 minutes before scrubbing with a sponge or cloth.
Tips and Warnings:
- Don’t use harsh cleaners like bleach, ammonia or Windex. They will break down the vinyl over time and reduce its lifespan.
- Dreft Laundry Soap, IOSSO Stain Remover, 303 Fabric & Vinyl Cleaner, and 303 Aerospace Protectant are all suitable cleaning solutions.
Visit http://www.docksidecanvas.com for more information on upholstery care.